VAT Management Summit
Technological developments, changes in business models, the globalization of the economy make VAT rules too complex and inconvenient. Constant changes in VAT regulations, severe competition, pressures to increase revenue of the company case fraud issues. Crucially, the current VAT regime exposes EU countries to an unacceptable and damaging level of VAT fraud. Revenue losses from this type of fraud are estimated at around €50 billion annually in the EU (European Commission, 2017). Member States recently identified VAT fraud as one of their top ten priorities when it comes to the fight against organized and serious international crime (European Commission, 2017).
VAT Management Summit provides a great opportunity to discuss the latest VAT issues with a team of international experts and think about possible improvements. It is a chance to redesign operations and to capitalize on potential indirect tax savings. This conference will enable in-house VAT professionals to keep up to date with the most recent developments in the field. This event brings together best VAT experts all in one location.
- Visibility and optimal control of VAT
- The compliance cost of VAT – an EU perspective
- VAT compliance process: the Spanish model
- VAT return: how to overcome common problems?
- While getting ready for VAT, do you think about Transfer Pricing?
- VAT implications of transfer pricing adjustments
- VAT in multinational business: how to manage cross border sales efficiently in terms of VAT
- VAT in supply chain
- PANEL DISCUSSION: How to achieve operational excellence in VAT Management?
- Future of VAT in a digital world: implications for Tax Policy and
- Implementing VAT in the GCC – How MKM Holdings of the UAE
- achieved full automation and the challenges of adopting VAT for
- the first time (Case study)
- VAT on sales and purchases made using Bitcoin e-money
- PANEL DISCUSSION: How to tackle tax issues in a digital world?
- Fraud Audit: make financial administration right
- Automation and Tax Technology: Innovation and Process Efficiency
- Strategic interactive lunch
- Conclusions from the interactive lunch discussions – continued in the conference room
- PANEL DISCUSSION: Does your VAT compliance structure/organization meets your current needs
- INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION
Indirect Tax Director
HP, Czech Republic
Subdirector General – Head of Regulation and Public Policy
Director of Fiscal Policy Studies
Center for Social and Economic Research, Poland
Senior Adviser (Indirect Taxes)
Verohallinto – Finnish Tax Administration, Finland
Donata Anna Koren
International Tax Manager
Zalando SE, Germany
European Senior Manager—Indirect Tax (VAT) and Tax Technology
Partner at PwC
Former EMEA indirect tax manager for Acer
Partner at Cuatrecasas
Global Head of Tax
TMF Group, Denmark
Jerzy Szapiro Duque
Director of Finance Middle East, Africa & Turkey
IBM, United Arab Emirates
Dumitru Iulian Serban
Group Indirect Tax Manager
KM Holdings, United Arab Emirates
Sr. Manager Vertex Consulting
Where and When?
24 – 25 May 2018
Eurostars Berlin Hotel Luxury Class
Tel.: +49 30 7017360 243
When you travel to a conference it’s important that you’re protected from the unexpected, that is why we are pleased to introduce you to Voyager Insurance as our appointed travel insurance partner for Uni Global delegates.
Voyager Insurance, established in 1996, are an award winning global provider of travel insurance for leisure and business travellers. They offer 5 star products and services, all backed by a 24/7 emergency medical helpline. They offer a range of travel insurances to fit travellers various needs and budgets – all available online. They can even provide cover if you have travelled in a hurry and forgotten to arrange cover before you left!
We are pleased to introduce them to you and you can get a quote for single trips or multi-trips from them by clicking here.